SimonCRE, a national commercial real estate development and acquisition firm, recently hit a notable milestone – completing its 200th project during its 10th anniversary year.
The Scottsdale-based company, founded in 2010 by CEO and Founder Joshua Simon, has completed 200 projects across 22 states totaling more than $400 million.
The timing of this closing is significant because it occurred during an exceptionally rough climate for the retail sector in 2020. Against all odds, SimonCRE has completed more than 40 projects totaling over $200 million in this year alone.
The 200th deal was a 7,200-square-foot Big O Tires at 4808 W. Baseline Road in Phoenix (Laveen).
“With all the challenges surrounding the retail sector – especially now – we’re proud to have hit our 200th deal after a decade and are grateful to still have about 50 projects planned for 2021,” Simon said.
A decade ago, SimonCRE started at “ground zero” without partners or investors and built its way up through its projects and reputation with a main core value in mind: Be First. Be Fast. Persist. The company began with just one employee and has increased the staff by more than 50 percent since 2019. Today, SimonCRE totals 42 employees and continues to grow.
Mainly recognized for its single-tenant, build-to-suit properties, SimonCRE has recently adapted its business model to accommodate expansion and current demands of the market. Other property types SimonCRE has been successful in completing include multi-tenant retail centers, medical office buildings and RV storage facilities. Its client roster comprises more than 100 local and national tenants.
• The Steelyard, a 4.03-acre, 26,300-square-foot ground up multi-tenant building in Chandler, Ariz.Tenants include Pita Jungle, Jersey Mike’s, Someburros, High Tide Seafood Bar, F45 Training, Athletico, Heartland Dental, Tan Max, and Nail Logic.
• Simon Medical Plaza, a 2.51-acre, 32,000-square-foot ground up medical office building in Phoenix (Laveen). Tenants include Empower Physical Therapy, Laveen Total Eyecare, Mark T. Evans Dentistry, MVP Kids Care, Stewart Chiropractic, and SMI Imaging.
• The Shops at Prasada Village, a 2.14-acre, 10,850-square-foot ground up retail center in Surprise, Ariz. Tenants include Sleep Number, Pacific Dental Services, BackFit Health & Spine.
• RV & Boat Storage, an 11.03-acre Ameripark Covered Storage in Tucson, Arizona.
• Jackrabbit Ranch Marketplace, a 13.5-acre ground up retail center in Buckeye, Arizona.
“As we celebrate our 10th anniversary and 200th deal, we reflect on how our strategy has become even more laser-focused on growth, acquisition and expanding our team with the right core values,” Simon said. “I believe that is a big part of what led to our success today and will continue to push us forward.”